The Friends of Lake Pemichangan is dedicated to preserving the unspoiled ecological state of the lake, the shoreline and the surrounding territory so that fish and wildlife can flourish, and cottagers, residents and casual transitory users can continue to enjoy to the fullest the natural beauty and pristine condition of the lake.
The Association’s objectives are the following:
- To support the ecosystem of Lake Pemichangan;
- To be an environmental information source for cottagers and users of Lake Pemichangan;
- To be a conduit for information on local politics and issues effecting cottagers and users of Lake Pemichangan;
- To develop and assist a community orientation for the cottagers and users of Lake Pemichangan;
- To develop/coordinate studies on the lake that will benefit the long term integrity of Lake Pemichangan for cottagers and users alike.